Enjoy an unforgettable night on the island as you paddle under the stars and through the glowing bioluminescence. Stop to marvel at the night sky and sparkling water.
Mangrove Channels Sunset Tour
- Kayak Approx. $55 USD • Ages 10+
- Stand Up Paddleboard Approx. $55 USD • Ages 10+
Paddle the mangroves under a starry sky
Paddling in a kayak or SUP through the mangrove channels started out as my hobby. Exploring the amazing landscapes, watching nature up close made me try to show it to other people, always respecting the flora and fauna. The close encounters with nature have always captivated me and I love to share this experience with others.
- Paddle through the mangrove channels where the landscapes and the wildlife are the main attractions.
- Enjoy the birdwatching (flamingos*, ospreys, ibis, herons, egrets, and much more).
- The first part is a 1km trip close to the sandbar, then you’ll go to the entrance (Rio Kuka) to start a 6km circuit into the heart of the mangroves channels.
- In the middle of the circuit, there’s a break for hydration.
- Getting out of the channels, we’ll appreciate one of the magnificent Holbox sunsets.
- The USD price is approximate, the checkout will be in MXN pesos.
The pink flamingos normally visit the island during the summer-winter time.
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Return transportation to downtown
- Change of dry clothes
- Come in bathing suit
- Bug spray
- Public transportation nearby.
- Not recommended for people with back problems.
- Not recommended for people with heart conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- Not suitable for pets.
- Not stroller accessible.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for people that are overweight.
- Face mask, social distancing and hand sanitizing are required.